Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Down Memory Lane

I have the unique opportunity to live in a quite historic neighborhood. In fact, it is a neighborhood that has been around for over a hundred years. Today I saw historical maps online, and could see the initial lines of the city...and could see the 'old' parts of the city.
This fascinates me to no end...I've always been a history buff, but always in the sense of World history, and all that it entails, but THIS...this right here in my own backyard now...
This is not ancient or anything, not like Roman Empire ruins. No, this is local.
My friend and I walk through these streets that were established about one hundred years ago, and some of the houses are still the same, just as they were...One hundred years of history in these houses!
One hundred years of families living there...The stories they could tell, the children who grew up in those houses, and the subsequent families who moved in later...do they all have stories they could tell from those old houses we walk by?
I'm sure they do...and I'm sure there's stories right here in this house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home