Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Ceiling

I have spent my mornings, and some afternoons staring at the ceiling. Like when I first wake up I stare....and stare...
At my old house the ceiling had a stucco finish, which provided an endless myriad of patterns, shapes, and images that presented themselves anywhere I looked. It was amazing, I would see faces, cartoon characters, mountain ranges, you name it....But mostly I saw faces, most of the time cartoonish. And then I would try to remember where to find a particular face, but would lose it in the endless sea of stucco, but would continue to find other faces. I wish I had a special camera that could record my hall of fame of ceiling faces. I attribute this endless search for faces with an endless search for direction in the past couple of years.
Like, 'where do I go from here, and what are the necessary steps to get there, how to get back on the boat?'....
These days, there's a new bedroom ceiling I look up at, but the finish is smoother, so there's not really any patterns to form discernable shapes. But there is a ceiling light...and it has a face in it, sometimes it looks like the Apollo Lunar Lander, but mostly I see a face somewhat like Yoda's...so maybe as my ceiling search narrows, so will my other searches.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home