Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Storm Clouds

There's clouds overhead.... Thunderhead clouds that block the light of day. Not only for me, but everyone around me, and in the world. They seem to be gathering in an endless overture. The other day I saw one of the bright lights of hope and democracy in the middle east get assassinated...like John and Bobby Kennedy,a figure of hope and promise just cut down, but this time in a volatile country that has nuclear weapons. This is the state of the world these days, and I worry about these things...

I worry about the ice on the North Pole, melting at an alarming rate, 'The Arctic is screaming' say most environmental scientists.Polar bears may become extinct in the wild soon. I think global warming is here...

I worry that the top 1 percent of Americans make billions,meanwhile the middle class is squeezed more and more just to make ends meet.

I worry that that the near 400 BILLION dollars spent (so far) on the war in Iraq is mostly borrowed from China...no war bonds like in World War 2, most Americans can't or wouldn't buy those things for this war... a war without end, based on lies, it's a quagmire...

But mostly I worry about people I'm connected to... people who I'm close to who are sick, and I've been praying for them...and, yes well myself too... I'm not physically sick, but I'm soul-sick....I have been for some time now.... just, diminished. I find myself praying alot lately, and try to feel what it means,not just recite words... In some ways I think they're answered to some measure, but I think biggest answer is Hope... As these storm clouds gather...all around the world and in our lives... I have Hope it's gonna be okay... and I THINK it will! And in the new year instead of wanting to get back to better days, or wishing to... it's better to INTEND to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home