Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Road to Shambala

"Wash away my trouble
wash away my pain
with the rain of Shambala,
wash away my sorrow
wash away my shame
with the rain of Shambala"

These are the opening lyrics to the old chestnut, "Shambala" by the band Three Dog Night back in...oh, around 1972 or so...I heard it again the other night in the current tv show Lost, and I thought, oh my! what a cool song that was!...
Well I guess at the time when it was written, when the whole eastern mysticism thing was in vogue, like when the Beatles traveled to India and all that...others jumped on the bandwagon.
But at this point it doesn't matter!
A cool song is a cool song, and they stand the test of time...

"Everyone is helpful
Everyone is kind
on the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky
Everyone is fine
on the road to Shambala..."

May you all find this same kind of road...no matter what your faith in life might be, I hope you find your road to Shambala, however you define it....and I'll keep looking for mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home