Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Service Stations

Nowadays, there are gas stations, where you pay-at-the-pump with your card, with a convenience store there at the cash register, where you can buy potato chips or a microwavable burrito. And usually you pump your own gas...
When I was little, I remember when there were "service stations"...oh, there's still some around, with 'full-serve' but not very many. You would pull into the station and run over a cord on the ground, *Ding-Ding* and an attendant would come out and pump the gas for you, "fill 'er up with regular, please"...
Also, there were mechanics on hand, with service bays where you could get your oil changed, or have your brakes done, or many other repairs, usually for a reasonable price.
I discovered such a station very close to where I live, so I had my battery re-charged for only 9 bucks...such a deal! And the guys there are old-school, with a ton of cars being worked on, so you know this is a popular place to get your car serviced.
It's like a blast from the past, I'm glad it's there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home