Saturday, October 08, 2005

Meanwhile, Back on the Raft

A while ago, maybe in my earliest posts here, I wrote about the analogy of being on a raft...and the companies you worked for were ships. Some of of those ships either kicked you off, or just sunk.....or were sinking soon after.
And then I had the analogy of being on that raft, with a few provisions, sending out flares to the ships that I could see.
After awhile, the raft became a home...It became a lifestyle to just live on that raft, sending flares up once in awhile, and not even expecting a response...
All you want to do is sleep..no energy...no ambition...no hope...it's a certain purgatory....a place where you just don't care about much, except what's on TV next, a place where sleep is the best part of the day, where you can escape into some kind of subconscious refuge, where you can maybe find answers to your impossible questions maybe there in dreamland....even though the answers are always there right before your eyes in waking hours.
There was another flare today, it's a Green one and I'm standing up on my raft.

2 Comments:

Blogger doodlegirl said...

Good Luck to you! I really hope you get rescued off the raft. I think I saw the flare shoot up. And in the bright light it has casted, I am seeing a ship turning around. LoOoOOooK! It's coming right toward you!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home