Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Home Again

Today I drove home after a long and tiring day, but it wasn't the home I was used to driving home to. This is a new house with new rooms and doors and light switches, some of which I haven't even tried yet. And new grocery stores nearby which will become my 'regular stores' and new routes to take, and new routines to establish.
At my old house, my routines were so imbedded that I knew the number of steps it took to get up from my office chair or bedroom and walk to the kitchen or bathroom, I could even do it with my eyes closed. Now I'll need to re-learn the steps. But that's okay, I've lived in a lot of places and they were all 'home' to me...a sanctuary, a comfortable lair....and now there's this one.
After months of stressing over my old house, as to whether or not I could keep it, not to mention the unenviable task of the actual physical move itself, it is nearly done. Like a worker ant who's only task is to move forward from one task to the next, picking up a chunk of twig and moving it from this point to that, with a complete abandonment of all the things around it, a certain automoton state kicks in and then finally...wow, I've moved!
Thanks mainly to three things....the help of one dear friend, without her help I don't how I could have done it, thank God for friends. The second is my trusty little truck, which I've owned off-and-on for over twenty years, and the third is a simple hand cart-dolly that came in so damn handy, why I never got one before I'll never know, the Wheel is truly one of the greatest inventions.
Now that the move is nearly done, I'll rest for a bit and maybe even take a vacation! I miss that life....
But for now, I'm home again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home