Monday, February 05, 2007

The Reptiles

Have you ever noticed how the people you meet, the people you have known, and even more precisely, the people you love, family and friends....are they generally 'nice'? Do they have a side to them that can be described as 'not nice'?...That is, a behavior that can be described as Mean or Cruel?
I think that's in all of us, The Reptile....though in some, it's more on the surface. Behavior that disregards the feelings of others...on one end, inconsiderate...on the other, sociopathic....
I have always regarded every human I meet as a mammal, and that's what humans are, like puppies, kittens, and yes, even chimps in the wild...mammals, who care about their young, who show affection and loyalty and bonding...
But Reptiles...they're cold, they lay their eggs and move on, with no regard for what they leave behind, and yet they survive...
I think there is Mammal and Reptile in all of us...I think most of us care for our family and friends, as we should...
I have Always tried to be a Mammal, and I think I have, that's my nature I think.
But sometimes, and for some of us, there is a cold ruthlessness in there too...the Reptile,
I have known people who are just that...cold blooded, a hard scaled skin...zero remorse...
Maybe they're more in tuned to 'the bad part' of socialized behavior and just don't care...The part that comes out when you're angry, the part that comes out when you're despondent, the part that comes when you just want to lash out. Like an Alligator may swish its tail, but sometimes they're cool, he couldn't help being born a reptile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home