Friday, December 08, 2006

Playing more records

I had missed playing my records, you know, the old vinyl kind... where you have to pick it up by the edges, dust it off, and make sure the needle hits the song just right....on the smoothe part between songs...and then you lift off the needle and try not to scratch the record too much and then let the needle down upon the song you want to hear...I used to listen to a lot of rock records and prog rock like Yes, Genesis, etc...
Tonight I have listed to a ton of songs that are Gold...I played old Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. records....a tune by The Monkees, called "Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow" written by Neil Diamond, you can just tell that's his tune...
I played "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell, the melody of that song is just killer! oh my gawwd...I even have records that my aunt gave me that I wouldn't usually listen to, but now seem golden...Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash, Olivia Newton-John, Roger Miller...
It makes me wonder, all kinds of music have I missed!...or just hadn't gotten around to..
I think that I have appreciated a ton of music through the the years...but there is still more...a ton of notes...or songs that I haven't heard, but were always there.
And there will always be new songs to be heard....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home