Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Glimpse of the Sun

As you may have read, I've been working at the night crew.
I thought I may have caught a slight view of Life today...that is, I had a glimpse of what life was like, back when I had one...
On Monday, I drove back from a meeting, feeling flushed, feeling full of life,
"This drawing is awesome, now...Can you translate this next slope, in a drawing? Notice the 10 degree slope..."
"oh yes of course, you'll need to show that..."
"We'll need more drawings on this scale, you do 3D right?"
"oh yeah!"
"okay cool, can you do a 3D model based on these blueprints? and then paste them on layers?"
"oh yeah"
And this is how I ended a meeting where I felt Full, in other words....Alive again.
On most nights when I go in there to Safeway I have sometimes felt as though I'm somehow 'above' these people...I think to myself, 'I can't wait to get outta here...away from you damn PRIMATES!....and then I instantly feel a wave of remorse...in other words,
How am I different from these people? I'm in the same place they are, and I recognize that my smugness is hollow...
Juan is my buddy!...Nolan at 4, he's cool too...
I tried to explain to them, what it meant to me to get this cool gig, and how I was able to discuss really technical stuff, and then...uuh...uuh..well, okay, never mind.
All I know is, when I was sitting there at that starbucks I felt alive again.
These guys are certainly not primates, they are human beings who are just trying to earn a living, as we all do...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design, useful info!This resourse is great!Keep it up!With the best regards!
Frank

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home