Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Ihe Borderlands"

We all have dreams when we sleep, most of them are forgettable, even when we wake up...but some are certainly not. I don't know where all dreams come from, most psychologists and dream analysts will say that every symbol in a dream represents a certain thing, that is, generally...how you 'felt' in the dream means how you feel in waking life.
Okay, fine....but I had that 'Borderline' dream....and I had it again!
In the first one, I dreamed that I was getting on a ride at Disneyland, called, The Borderlands.....in this ride, you could visit the past!
And on my ride, I landed on the front lawn of my grandparents, my mom's parents...back in the 1930's
There they were, my grandparents...they were, young, in their 30's, right out there in the front yard. Everything about their house was so vivid, like the old-fashioned narrow driveway with the cement wheelways and the grass center, a narrow driveway obviously designed for Model T Fords.
And there was a ton of other details around their yard, like the flourishing avocado tree that had been cut down before I was born.
"Hey Grandpa! Grandma! It's meee! Danny!"
I shouted and shouted!
My grandfather, young and strong and lean at the time, looked around like he had heard something. He turned to his wife as if to say, "did you hear something?" She shook her head no...
"Grandma! it's mee!"
He turned his head again, sure he heard something!
"OKAY, RIDE IS NOW OVER, PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS AND FEET INSIDE THE CAR"
As I got out, I told the ride attendant of my experience...
"oh yeahh, we get alot of those same experiences...sometimes when you go back, they hear you...but to them, you're only like ghosts."
Whew!...that dream was sooo real...I still wonder, was it really them?