Sunday, November 12, 2006

RAIN

It's raining right now, I can hear it on the roof, I can hear it on the tin carport outside...I can hear on the side of the house as the overflow spashes down on the ground.
It's rain.... it's water...it's sheltering.
At the risk of sounding weird, I have always known that rainy days equates with feeling sad, feeling depressed, especially that it's now known that the lack of sunlight during the winter months can indeed lead to a diagnosed physical depression.
I am completely aware of that finding and that study.
Yet however....all my life....I mean since I was a kid!....I have loved the rain.
When it rains I close my eyes and feel the water come down, like a cleansing thing....
It's the sound, and the idea that water is falling all around...I'm hypnotized by it...
But of course, not too much rain! not to cause flooding! Like in Washington State a few days ago!
oh hell no!...that's like the Earth spanking you, like any natural disaster.
no it's the gentle rain...that's when the Earth kisses you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're gonna be just fine this winter, dan! Glad you're entering into your season! (I can hear the rains falling at this moment, too!) :O)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home