Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random Memory number One....

I think that we all have special memories in our minds, childhood memories, fond memories....but I think my own mind is cluttered by random memories...
Nowadays, there's a thing called Tivo, a DVR that can capture and hold anything you want on TV.....
and then there's useless shows that you'll never watch that become buried in the memory of the DVR box...
My brain is like a DVR box....I swear it is... my brain is so full of useless information, sometimes I don't know how to compartmentalize it....I can tell you how thick the hull of USS Essex was, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast two days ago....
Herein lies these memories, so vivid, complete with the sights and sounds, like a video.....
Chester, England...in 1982, I was traveling and very tired, it was 8:30 in the morning and I only wanted to catch a city bus to the train station. A very pretty girl was waiting at the stop as well, waiting to go work....In my shyness, I asked, "excuse me, do these busses come on time? I need to catch the train..."
She said, "oh, well sometimes they do"
hmmmm...meanwhile another guy came up to the bus stop, another young guy, an American, very boisterous...like a young Randy Quaid, and when it was established that we were a couple of American dudes I noticed the poor girl backing away physically, obviously intimidated....
The Randy Quaid guy was a bit obnoxious, and waiting for this bus became lengthy....so I asked if there were any hotels in the area...
"oh yes yes, down Brompton Road, that way..."
I started walking and sure enough ol' "Randy Quaid" followed me....ohhh, he wasn't a bad guy, just a talkitive guy and I was tired, just in need of a hotel room or a train, just a place to sleep.
I lost him at the 'Bear and Billet' a pub near the port and the timing was perfect, I caught the train and off I went to Glasgow, Scotland....and to this day, I think about the Randy Quaid guy and the poor girl at the bus stop.
This memory is vivid in my mind...there are tons more....

2 Comments:

Blogger Winston Cash said...

What the fuck was the point of that. You owe me two and a half minutes.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congratulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home based internet marketing business site/blog. It successfully covers home based internet marketing business related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time, as I would be honored to help a hard-working person like you become successful in this business. Scott.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home