Monday, February 27, 2006

Afterglow

There was a song on Letterman the other night, it was the band INXS who had hosted an entire series over the summer, in which they auditioned a lot of singers, and finally they picked one...so they did a number called Afterglow, which I assume was dedicated to their old lead singer, Michael Hutchence who died.... I Tivoed the the episode and then began playing the song over and over, and indeed...it's a song about loss, and I started to think about my dad, and the words seeped in, they seemed to fit more and more, and I found myself in tears...
Now, before I do this, let me say I sometimes find it annoying when people post their favorite song lyrics...like we are all supposed to appreciate these lyrics just as profoundly as the original poster, but we can never relate to them as personally as they can. But I can understand how much certain lyrics to any song can mean a great deal to anyone....
So I'm just gonna do this once...I promise, this will be the only time I will ever post lyrics...It reminded me of my dad, and I miss him very much...
This is from the new INXS song 'Afterglow'

Touch me and I will follow
In your Afterglow
Heal me from all this sorrow
As I let you go
I will find my way
I will sacrifice
But now I'm living
In your Afterglow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home