Friday, January 20, 2006

To Be Out of Shape

I' have been out of shape for too long, on many levels.
I've been out of Physical Shape...I used to row boats on Lake Merritt in Oakland and play softball on the company team. I hiked to the summit of Mt. Whitney. I would go on long bike rides, I would play 18 holes of golf without a cart....Now I find it somewhat of a chore to walk to the neighborhood grocery store.
I've been out of Social Shape, I would totally enjoy the company of large crowds, engage in the banter, and exchange volleys of wit...Now I find it's an effort to interact on a social level with anyone.
I've been out of Spiritual Shape, I would bless each day as a gift, and wake up each morning with a sense of purpose and determination...Now I search for a specific reason to get up anytime earlier than noon.
It is mostly because of this;
I am out of Professional Shape...I have an assignment, to simply design a video game screen, something that I could have done in a breeze about ten years ago, but now I find it a struggle, because I'm out of shape...
But the good news is, it's a sort of wake up call and a kick in the butt...
In 2006, I intend to get back in Shape....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. You can do it, Danny. i TOTALLY believe in you!!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home