Thursday, June 23, 2005

Pack Up the Plantation

I am now packing up, packing up my 'plantation' which was once my house, this home I once owned. Maybe a golden age when I held parties here, it was a no-brainer...once you're a homeowner, you've 'got it made' right?....Well, that's as long as you can keep it going...
In the the 90's I was very industrious, I held great jobs in the computer game industry, but then it stopped. Then it became an industry to find a new job, a new place to belong, and still somehow keep the Plantation. But it was hard to find.
Then it became a personal industry of my own survival, where it became my job to even wake up each morning with at least a sense of enthusiasm or hope, without succumbing to the certain kinds of despair that might lead others over the edge. I could see that, but that kind of despair I don't think I could ever go there, no way....there's too much to do....But all during this time I found it unusual and astounding that I was even in this place.
Keeping your chin up, and just having good friends and family has saved me from that kind of abyss. And they know who they are.
The fact that I have found a new place to live in a very unusual circumstance leads me to believe there is still much to be done, it has always happened that way, right at the last minute something happens that keeps me going...so there is so MUCH to be done... There were some hard times there emotionally, yes, but I always thought of the Patience of Job, or more appropriately the Lilies of the Field.
So I will pack up my plantation and move on, with a renewed kind of strength I think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home