Monday, July 03, 2006

There are Angels among us.....

Do you remember the movie, "Lilies of the Field"? with Sidney Poitier as a drifter who helps a small group of nuns build a chapel?....The head nun, upon seeing 'Homer Smith' drive up to their small compound says, "I have prayed for a strong man...you will help us, yes?"....
But he says, "oh no no...I'm just passing through..." But, he does stay and help, and eventually he does build a chapel for them. In a bit of symbolism, I always noticed that Homer Smith was wearing White....white jeans, white t-shirt....could it symbolize that Homer Smith was an angel sent to them?....
This has led me to think of my own experiences in which there may be angels among us....In fact, I'm sure of it...
I think that our lifelong friends are angels....and we somehow know who they are, so we don't even worry if they're gonna be there or not, they will be there...
But the extra special angels are there when we don't even expect it...
Around 1983 after I got out of school, I lived in San Leandro and joined the working world, and I went through that time feeling a sense of isolation....One night I left a pub in Berkeley and sure enough...There was my old pal and college roomate Rory walking in!
We went back in and reminisced..... What are the odds of such things?
I went on a trip thru Europe....and I'll be damn if I didn't see people I knew! Like at train stations mostly, which makes sense, people converge at train stations, especially in Europe, but still! I saw them!
Maybe they were angels not caught.....
When I fell off a fire escape in 1988, I was down there with a broken leg, and broken left side....no sooner than 5 minutes later a woman came by and rushed back to call 911...she too was an angel.....I swear, angels ARE all around us....

1 Comments:

Blogger Corbin Hollis Choate said...

Hi Olias,

You're right, angels are all around us. Some of us see them, most do not. They comfort us, protect us, guide and direct us. My guardian angel is St. Gabriel, the archangel. It just so happens I have a blog about angels and how they can inspire and change our lives. Have a look sometime . . .

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home