Friday, June 23, 2006

The Time Tunnel

Back in the 60's there was a TV show called The Time Tunnel....Two American scientists who traveled though time...in an amazing and well-budgeted television show.
The main characters were Tony and Doug...they would float thru a corridor of time, and then tumble onto the ground in whatever period of history...be it, the Titanic sinking, Abraham Lincoln getting shot, the Alamo, the Walls of Jericho, whatever.....Tony and Doug were there....
When I was 8...me and my buddy, the Other Danny... always played 'Time Tunnel', I had a green turtle neck, and Danny had a gray sweater on when we played, just like Tony and Doug...the funnest part was pretending to tumble, slow-motion like, onto the ground and we would get up and say, "Where are we?"
"I don't know"....That's what Tony and Doug always said....
We didn't know what time we were in, or what age, we made it up as we went along.
I wish that life could be that way....I wish I had access to a Time Tunnel.
I think many of us do...if we could just dial in a time at a certain point in our lives and just make a little change here or there...if only....if only....
I can think of numerous times where I wish I could use a Time Tunnel....
But we can't do that....there is no Time Tunnel...we live as human beings in a timeline that is in own choosing....and I'm fine with that....but still, I wish there was a Time Tunnel....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WOULD love that! I would go back and visit my Nana! I often think how fun it would be if we could have the capability of showing our thoughts/memories onto a projector for others to see. Or. If at times, I could flip a switch and I could let someone see through my eyes.

I would never want to go into the future though. That could be scary. :O/

2:23 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I would like to take my kids into a 60's time tunnel for a week....and I've always wished that I could video record my dreams, so that I could watch them again.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home