Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Grand Parade


tic711
Originally uploaded by Olias444.
My experience so far at Safeway has been a mix of genuine drudgery and also one of utter astonishment. The drudgery part, of course, has been the actual work involved there. So far I've worked in the produce section, checker, courtesy clerk which really means bagboy/grocery cart getter....In one sense this work can be decribed as demeaning, 'beneath' what I normally did...and that's true enough, but so far I see it as cathartic, almost a 'tough love' thing on myself, that I can still get up and go to work and do a job like every other normal person, since I spent the last five years in a state of self imposed limbo....
Though I think this catharsis can only last so long, since I'm now on the night shift, from 10 PM to 7 AM...it's a bit of an adventure in itself, and in those wee hours of the night I stock things like cereal, and items I haven't seen since I was a kid. "oh wow, they still have these?"
But most of all, left alone in the aisle to think, my mind goes on overdrive, mostly recycling old memories, not unlike a computer with endless files that you haven't seen in decades. Kellog Corn Pops triggered only the first of these memories, how I loved them but only ate them a few times....I will list others soon. My contemplation of God and the universe was another one, though I thought I'd make its own blog, the previous one....stay tuned for my endless mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home