Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bug in the House

When the ocean tide retreats, it leaves tidal pools, with many busy little creatures in there, like a complete society...living in the pools, they forget about the Sea....
I had a certain revelation as I chased around a small cricket in the house, who chirped and chirped.
In the past, my first reaction was to simply kill it...
But no, not this time, there were dozens of crickets out there, chirping for the first time and this one was simply stuck inside the house...I did not consider him (or her) an unsightly bug or a thing to be destroyed, but a thing that needed to be reunited with it's fellows outside.... I thought of the spider web near the back porch light, when a mosquito hawk flew by , and the spider host came out, and then went back in, welp, no dinner for him tonight. Such is their daily life, all these busy little creatures living their lives and their destinies. At the time I thought, I need to clean out all these damn bugs, just hose them all down....but then I thought, no...I won't be their 'Sea' this time, as long as they stay outside the house of course!....But in this incredible explosion of the bug's activity, and plants too, I have realized that as we chase out our own destinies, aren't we all just trying to do the same thing? Not to compare us sentient human beings with bugs or anything...but I was just happy for the cricket tonight. And then there's always my own Sea....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home